Welcome to Recycle Brevard's website!
This website started as a local initiative to bring information to everyone interested in the 3Rs and try to motivate other people and organizations to reduce, reuse, and recycle.
From a blog, this initiative grew into the 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that it is today. We work on and coordinate a variety of efforts that include:
- Implementing projects with schools and organizations
- Developing and carrying out programs for children (pre-k to 3rd grade)
- Collecting and distributing bins and reusable materials
- Collecting materials for upcycling (Terracycle) or recycling
- Repurposing collected materials
- Diverting materials from the landfill and bringing them to classrooms, sharing centers, or others in need
- Performing demos, workshops, and presentations
- Participating in events
- Organizing an annual family festival, the 3Rs and Beyond Family Festival
We have participated in many events, organized some, and created different projects all with the purpose of bringing awareness to the community. Some of those made the local news and we hope to get more coverage in the future to give this cause the well deserved attention and spring people to action!
On this website we share information and resources that should help you understand, learn more, know what is available in our community, and find out what is being done locally and globally in respect to the practice of the 3 Rs.
On our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/RecycleBrevard – we convey information on projects and events we organize, and share useful tips and topics relevant to our mission.
For more information, explore our site, “like” our page on Facebook, and send us a message with your comments or questions to info@RecycleBrevard.org. We would love to hear from you!
Thank you for visiting our site. We hope you find it useful and that it helps you to...